Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mushroom Risotto with Pork Tenderloin

Tonight's dish was seared pork tenderloin with mushroom risotto and asparagus.   I based the risotto recipe off of this one.  As I had fairly irregular oysters as my wild mushroom, I was slightly less fussy about separating the caps from the stems and chopped everything up together.   Using the chicken stock from the roast chicken made earlier this week was a bonus.

The pork was fairly simple.  I heated my oven to 200F.   I bought a smallish pork tenderloin from the butcher, which I cut into 1" pieces and seasoned both sides with salt and pepper.   I heated up some macadamia nut oil in my cast iron skillet and placed in 6 of the pieces at a time, allowing each side to sear for 1.5 minutes.   Once each side had a good sear, I finished by placing the skillet in the oven for 5m and then let rest under foil.  The pork was tasty and tender and went wonderfully with the risotto.   I should have done a quick pan sauce to go with it, but alas I was too distracted by conversation, Oscar updates and cooking wine.  Next time. . . next time.

No comments: